- What to Expect: A guide for Family Members of Volunteer Firefighters
- The Recovery Village: an organization dedicated to providing assistance to those with substance abuse issues and co-occurring disorders.
Firefighter Cancer Awareness
On-Line Training Links
- NFPA Electric Vehicle Safety Training
- Be A Hero - Save A Hero program
- NFFF Online learning network
- NFA Online
Training Programs that can be Downloaded or Viewed Online
- Firefighter Support Foundation
- Pipeline Emergencies
- Propane Emergencies
- Transportation Rail Incident Preparedness & Response
- Training Guide to Ethanol Emergency Response
- Hazmat Training Resources through TRANSCAER
- Indiana Fire & Public Safety Academy Training System
- Indiana State Fire Marshal
- Indiana Fire Certifications
- DNR Fire Management
- Indiana Fire Chiefs Association
- Indiana Firefighters Association
- Firefighters Union of Indiana
- Hoosier Burn Camp
Regional, National, and International Agencies and Organizations
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Association of State Fire Marshals
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- International Association of Firefighters
- National Volunteer Fire Council
- Fire Department Safety Officer Association
- International Society of Fire Service Instructors
- International Fire Service Accreditation Council
- Pro Board National Fire Service Professional Qual.
- North American Fire Training Directors Association
- Daily Dispatch
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF)
- Firefighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention Program
- Firefighter Close Calls
- U.S. Fire Administration
Trade Journals, Magazines, etc.
- Fire Engineering
- Fire House
- Fire Chief
- Fire Rescue
- Firefighter Nation
- Fire EMS Blogs
- Fire Apparatus & Emergency Equipment
- Indiana Fire Trucks
- Officer Down Memorial Page – A non-profit organization that honors and remembers America’s fallen officers
- PoliceOne.com – This site provides breaking police news, police forums, and information on useful products for law enforcement professionals.
- CopBlue – CopBlue regularly publishes articles discussing breaking news, tactical and training best practices, and ethics in law enforcement. CopBlue also provides access to officer training and mental health resources through its partners.
- USA Jobs – USA Jobs is a federal job site that provides information on current job openings in the federal government including the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security.
- The Blue Line – This site provides current job postings for law enforcement jobs in police departments across the country.
- Police Foundation – The Police Foundation aims to help the police to be more effective through research.
Health, Safety and Survival Programs
- This link provides a list of publications and multimedia sites that focus on Officer well-being, stress and trauma. There are also a number of resources links for safety, diffusing encounters and preventing officer suicide.
Federal Agency Sites
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives – News and career information from the official ATF website.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics – The BJS website provides extensive data and statistics on crime, law enforcement, and corrections.
- FBI Most Wanted – The FBI’s list of top fugitives.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement – The ICE.gov site provides updates on recent activity by the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service – The NCJRS provides extensive information and data on crime and justice for public use. The NCJRS has one of the largest criminal libraries and databases in the world.
- The United States Department of Justice – News and information about the United States Department of Justice.
- US Marshals Service – The official site of the US Marshals features factsheets, history, and career opportunities.
- National Security Agency – The official site of the NSA provides instructions on how to apply to work at the NSA, research information, and recent NSA news.
- Drug Enforcement Agency – The DEA website contains useful information on the agency’s history, career opportunities, and drug facts.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons – The FOB is responsible for the custody and care of over 200,000 offenders and their website contains information on careers and federal prison facilities.
- United States Secret Service – The Secret Service website features a historic timeline, employment information, and most wanted fugitives.